Leader of consortium:
Univerzita Tomáše Bati ve Zlíně
SYNPO, akciová společnost, Fatra, a.s.
doc. Ing. Vladimír Sedlařík, Ph.D.
Duration of the work package:
01/2014 – 12/2018
The WP4 is dedicated to development and optimization of the masterbatches – additives for antimicrobial modification of polymer matrices. The antimicrobial agents developed within the project implementation will be used for the preparation of novel polymer additives, applicable for thermoplastic processing (extrusion, injection moulding) of various polymers (polyolefins, polyesters, vinyl polymers).
The resulting polymer systems will perform effective resistance against microbial adhesion. Detailed testing of the newly developed additives on both material and processing conditions is part of the research activities. These challenges will also reflect in improvement of economic, environmental aspects of production.
- Development of masterbatch formulation for PET matrix
- Development of masterbatch formulation for polyolefine based matrices
Generally, the activities planned with WP will be following:
- Specification of needs for innovative additives
- Information collecting from industrial sector.
- Designing of processing technologies and parameter ranges.
- Definition of critical aspects.
Feasibility study evaluation -Laboratory research
- Experiment planning, preparation and modelling.
- Lab scale processing, online measurements and small sample preparation.
- Pilot scale testing, results evaluation, sample testing and conclusions.
- Intellectual properties evaluation